Dos & Don'ts for Visitors
- Total silence and discipline is required to spot wild animals.
- Early mornings and late afternoons are the ideal time to visit forests.
- Travelling alone is prohibited, especially in the Elephant Reserves.
- Do not wear colourful clothes or perfumes. Khakis, browns and greens are best suited.
- Always carry drinking water, tea/coffee, snacks etc.
- Seek the assistance of a forest guard while going into the forests.
- Do not disturb or tease animals.
- Trekkers are advised to use jungle boots to ensure safety.
- Carry a first aid kit with medicines for common ailments.
- Do not litter the surroundings.
- Do not remove anything from the Sanctuary.
- Carry a notepad, flashlight, road maps, bus/train/airline timetables.
- Do not try to explore unfamiliar things.
Ranging from 160C to 390C, the climate is generally pleasant.
When to go:
September to March is the best time, when you can enjoy greenery without the accompanying rains. Summer though hot, is good for wildlife-spotting.